Jessica Sanchez, the Mexican-Filipina American Idol Season 11 Top 6 finalist, did another impressive performance for the Top 6 Round shown on Fox, April 25.
In this episode, the top 6 idols competed in a 2-round of songs. In the first round, each idol sang his/her rendition of one of the band Queen’s songs. The idols were able to meet two of the original members of the band , Brian May and Roger Taylor, before performing in the stage.
The Mexican-Filipina singer, Jessica Sanchez, was the first one to perform. She sang the rock song “Bohemian Rhapsody”, wherein the judges thought she did a great job. However, avid viewers of the American Idol would have noticed that rock songs was not really Sanchez’ forte, which was also apparently noticed by the judges, Randy Jackson, Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez. Yes, they agreed that her voice was great yet they said that a rock attitude in her movement might have helped.
For the second round of the song, the idols were allowed to choose the song they wanted to perform. Sanchez made an excellent choice when she decided to sing “Dance With My Father” by Luther Vandross. Sanchez then explained that the reason why she chose to sing the song was for his father who was about to be deployed to Singapore for military service. She, again, received praises from the judges for this performance. Lopez even said that Sanchez’ rendition may have been the best she’d ever heard the song sang.
Meanwhile, Sanchez’ co-finalist all did a great performance, too. The songs the finalists sang in the first round were as follows:
- Jessica Sanchez – “Bohemian Rhapsody”
- Skylar Laine – “The Show Must Go On”
- Joshua Ledet – “Crazy Little Thing Called Love”
- Elise Testone – “I Want It All”
- Phillip Phillips – “Fat Bottomed Girls”
- Hollie Cavanagh – “Save Me”
In the second round, the idols sang the following:
- Jessica Sanchez – “Dance With My Father Again”
- Skylar Laine – “Tattoos on This Town”
- Joshua Ledet – “Ready For Love”
- Elise Testone – “Bold As Love”
- Phillip Phillips – “The Stone”
- Hollie Cavanagh – “The Climb”
Will the Filipino pride make it to the TOP 5? Bookmark this page, Like us on Facebook, or Follow us on Twitter to be updated!